of the OMRHA
and Inline Hockey!
We follow the NIHA's rulebook, as posted below.
However, here are a few of the highlights that make inline hockey so
- Just like the NHL's overtime, roller hockey is played 4 on 4 (with goalies). Fast and Furious best describes the action you will experience at any WIHA/IIHA Roller Hockey game.
- They've taken out the off-sides, two line passes and icing the puck to radically change the game of hockey into a goalies nightmare, with games often going into double digit scores.
- Teams have 10 players and a goalie - which means lots of floor time.The average player will have the puck 40% more in a roller hockey game than in an ice hockey game, which is great for skill development.
- Games are 1 hour long, consisting of two 25 minute periods.
- Roller Hockey is the fastest growing sport in North America and you just have to look at the NHL's growing list of Inline Players to see the benefits of playing this game. Mike Van Ryn , of the Toronto Maple Leafs, played inline hockey in London and for the Canadian national team...just to name one of the dozens.
Click here to see all the Rules!